LaseMD Ultra™ is the newest FDA-cleared 1927nm non-ablative fractional Thulium Laser device, safe for all skin types and equipped with more power than any other similar device on the market. LaseMD Ultra is my favorite device because it addresses many skin concerns, can be used on all skin types, and delivers impressive results.
The Ultra is a safe and effective option for non-invasive skin rejuvenation and can treat multiple skin types, including darker skin tones.
LaseMD Ultra is ideal for achieving healthy and glowing skin without going through significant or painful downtime. Patients can take years off of their appearance with just a few treatments.
LaseMD ULTRA (also called Lutronic ULTRA) is a skin resurfacing treatment that rebuilds glowing, healthy skin.
LaseMD ULTRA can be used anywhere on the body – face, neck, chest, hands, and arms! In addition, LaseMD ULTRA helps provide an overall anti-aging, glowing complexion with a brighter skin tone and a healthy, smooth texture.
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles.
- Hyperpigmentation & scarring.
- Actinic Keratosis (AKs) & Seborrheic Keratosis (SKs).
- Acne and Acne Scarring
- Thinning Hair (with Keralase)
- Mild to Moderate Sun Damage, Age Spots
- Dull Complexion
- Enlarged Pores
How Does It Work?
This non-ablative fractional laser uses energy to create tiny microchannels just below the skin surface. By inflicting controlled damage on skin, these microchannels kick-start the body’s natural wound healing response and, in the process, boost production of collagen and elastin at the cellular level. For even better results, the microchannels created by the laser can also act like a delivery system straight to the deeper layers of skin. As a result, any serums layered on immediately after treatment, such as those that contain antioxidants, peptides, or growth factors can better penetrate, thereby maximizing their efficacy.
Am I a Good Candidate for LaseMD ULTRA?
You’re a good candidate if you want to minimize the appearance of wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and other signs of skin damage. It doesn’t matter what your skin color is. The Ultra can treat all skin types and tones.
This device is also great for men because it is comfortable, has minimal downtime, and can treat all the sun damage they have accumulated while living here in Arizona.
What are the Benefits?
Patients typically find Lutronic LaseMD ULTRA comfortable with no anesthesia necessary, which helps make the treatment quick so you can receive your treatment on your lunch break or after work without it dramatically impacting your daily schedule.
- Gentle & Effective for All Skin Types, All Year Round
- Comfortable Treatment with Rapid Results
- Customizable for Multiple Body Areas
- Offers little downtime for all patients, because it leaves the surface layer of skin intact.
- Rebuilds Glowing, Healthy Skin
- Promotes Hair Growth and Scalp Revitalization
- Pigment Reduction
- Reduces Appearance of Pore Size
- Enhances Skin Brightening
- The intensity of the treatment may be customized to your skin type, tone, and concerns.
- It can be used anywhere on the body that has sun damage or signs of aging.
How Many Treatments are Recommended?
- Two to three treatment sessions are recommended for the best results, though many patients opt for follow-up sessions every 6-12 months to maintain those effects. You will notice results after your first treatment, and continued improvement after completing your customized LaseMD ULTRA treatment series.
- You’ll need annual maintenance treatments to keep up your results (though you may be able to extend them by minimizing sun damage).
What Happens During a LaseMD Treatment?
A treatment typically takes 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the area.
First, your skin will be cleansed, then we will apply a topical anesthetic to the treatment area. Once you’re fully numb, (about 20 minutes), you’ll put on eye protection.
Then the LaseMD handpiece will be “rolled” across the treatment area. Its laser energy will penetrate the dermal layers via microchannels. You’ll feel tingling, and possibly some mild discomfort, depending on the intensity level of your treatment
This takes about 20 minutes.
- After your treatment, we may apply topical serums with antioxidants and other potent ingredients, which will penetrate into the lower layers of your skin via the microchannels. We may also apply a moisturizer, since the heat from the laser tends to dry out skin.
- Total time in the office for a face and neck is about 1-1.25 hours, and the treatment is quick and comfortable
- The treatment itself typically lasts 20 minutes.
Are there “Levels” of Treatment?
Yes, depending on your skin concerns and your skin type.
- LaseMD Glow is a gentle option for treating acne and improves tone and texture.
- LaseMD Refine, the next step up, treats sun damage, such as sun spots, hyperpigmentation, and fine lines.
- LaseMD ULTRA is powerful enough to treat acne scarring, wrinkles, and mild laxity.
Is There Downtime Associated with LaseMD ULTRA?
The downtime associated with LaseMD ULTRA depends on what type of treatment you have performed. For those with melasma and those desiring a light treatment for a slight glow, the downtime is very minimal. For those targeting sun damage, lines, and wrinkles, downtime is usually a few hours of pinkness and mild swelling, followed by sandpaper like skin and small brown dots “coffee grounds” for no more than 7 days post treatment.
Because the laser beams bypass the surface of the skin and leave it intact, there is very minimal risk of infection and irritation the next day after treatment. You can resume your makeup and most of your skincare routine the following day. There is no bleeding, blistering, or scabbing. There can be a sunburn-like sensation for up to an hour following treatment; otherwise, LaseMD ULTRA is a comfortable and well-tolerated treatment. Because the surface layer is left intact, there’s minimal downtime after a LaseMD treatment. There’s also no risk of bleeding, blistering, burning, or scabbing.
How Long Does Recovery Take?
While you’ll be able to go about your normal activities, you may want to take a few days to a week of social downtime, depending on the intensity level of your LaseMD treatment plan.
- LaseMD Glow: You can expect a few hours of redness, similar to that of a mild sunburn.
- LaseMD Refine: Redness can last up to three days. Light flaking is possible.
- LaseMD ULTRA: You’ll have five days to a week of redness, likely with some flaking. Resist the urge to pick off the flakes.
There’s not much to do by way of aftercare, other than keeping your skin moisturized and protected from the sun.
How Long do Results Last?
You’ll see the most improvement from your treatment for six months, as new collagen and elastin develops, and your results should last about a year. After that, the benefits will start to taper off.
You can prolong the effects of your treatment by using good skin care, including daily SPF of 30 or more.